Mid Michigan College (Mid) will have two proposals on the May ballot asking residents of 10 local school districts (Alma, Ashley, Beal City, Breckenridge, Chippewa Hills, Fulton, Ithaca, Mt. Pleasant, Shepherd, and St. Louis) if they would like to officially join our district. We wanted to provide you with some factual information that will help you make an informed decision.
1. Residents will pay 40% less in tuition, collectively saving residents over $3.7 million on an Associate's Degree;
2. For every $1 of public money invested in Mid, taxpayers will receive a cumulative benefit of $5.50 (a 12.5% return on investment);
3. Mid has an annual impact of $69.2 million on the local community and supports 1 out of every 43 jobs...these numbers will increase significantly with higher enrollment as a result of lower tuition;
4. Mid has trained over 4,100 health care workers and is poised for an even larger impact;
5. Over 21,000 Gratiot County residents are eligible for Michigan Reconnect which would provide free community college tuition for those 25 and older who do not already possess a college degree
1. Mid's current millage rate is 1.2202 mills (the second lowest in Michigan) which means for every $1000 in ASSESSED home value (this is about 1/2 of the fair market home value), residents will pay $1.2202;
2. For the average home in Gratiot County, it will cost approximately $54.48/year;
3. For a student that enrolls full-time (24 credits) for just one year, they will save $2112 in tuition (using 2020-21 rates), which is more than what the average Gratiot County resident will pay in 30 years of taxes to support Mid at its current millage rate.
We hope you will support us this May by checking "Yes" to both proposals: (A) joining our district; (B) allowing us to assess our millage rate of 1.2202 mills. Both proposals must pass with a majority "Yes" to officially join Mid Michigan College's district. If you would like additional information please visit our website at midmich.edu/annexation or e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you very much for your consideration.
Want More Info? CLICK ME